Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Books

Trying to tackle my latest project has been a pain. If I had a little more time to do crafty things and my husband were around more maybe it would be done.

I am trying to organize the kids room. We got a bunk bed for Christmas, so that leaves a little more room than the twin bed and toddler bed we had in there before. And my kids have gotten hoards of toys and dress-up that really need to have a place to go.

My first buy was drawers from Walmart to put the small toys in.

The next thing I wanted to control was the books. We love books. My kids love to go to sleep reading books. This has led to one destroyed library book because it ended up under Ben as he sleep and well he doesn't well pull-ups anymore.

And so this is what I've made.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I got the idea out of a Family Fun magazine(I {heart} their crafty ideas). Theirs didn't involve sewing, but I thought it would probably last longer if it was sewn(especially w/ my 3 kiddos).

It wasn't that cheap either but I am happy because I made them. The brackets themselves cost $5 a piece, so $20 total. The fabric was free because I have some and my mother has a stash.

No comments: